Public input wanted on long-term supports & services & Medicaid in Indiana
The University of Indianapolis Center for Aging & Community is sharing the following announcement from the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration. Aging services professionals and those who are caregivers for anyone requiring long-term care or long-term supports and services (LTSS) should be interested in the opportunity to review the report draft described below and to attend one of several public forums to be held across the state.
Through House Enrolled Act No. 1391, Indiana’s Division of Aging, the Office of Medicaid Policy & Planning, and the Office of Management and Budget, have been charged with providing a report to the legislature before October 1, 2015, with reviews and analysis of:
- all current long-term care services available in Indiana
- the cost-effectiveness and efficiency of telemedicine and remote patient monitoring technologies
- demographic trends
- program and policy options analysis for LTSS (Long Term Services & Supports) in which demand exceeds current capacity
- Medicaid reimbursement methodology for skilled nursing facility care
- approaches to managing construction of skilled nursing facilities
You can read a current draft of this report on the Division of Aging’s website.
Please send comments to DAcomments@fssa.in.gov and/or attend one of the public forums listed below.
SCHEDULE OF REGIONAL PUBLIC FORUMS:
|JULY 22, 2015||1:00-3:00||INDIANAPOLIS||CROSSROADS CENTER
4756 KINGSWAY DR
(ACROSS FROM CICOA)
|JULY 31||2:00-4:00||BATESVILLE||PUBLIC LIBRARY
131 N. WALNUT ST. 47006
|AUGUST 4, 2015||1:00-3:00||VINCENNES||RM 142 ICAT BLDG VINCENNES UNIV|
|AUGUST 5, 2015||1:00-3:00 CT||VALPARAISO||PINES VILLAGE AUDITORIUM VALPARAISO|
|AUGUST 19, 2015||1:00-3:00||FORT WAYNE||PUBLIC LIBRARY
900 LIBRARY PLAZA 46802
|AUGUST 21, 2015||1:00-3:00||NEW ALBANY||PUBLIC LIBRARY
180 W. SPRING ST 47150